What are our achievements?
|Protecting Your Bottom Line||
- Ensured Flexibility of Working Conditions.- Opposed Redundant & Costly Standards & Regulations.
- Protected Members’ Interest on “International Hotels Standardization”.
- Fought Increased Copyright Licensing Fees.
- Battled Trademark Violations.
|Spearheading Other Initiatives||
- Sustainable Development of Tourism via the IH&RA Annual Environmental Award with UNEP and publications and training packs like “Sowing the Seeds of Change”.
- Co-Created World Heritage Site Hotel Programme (Memories of the Future Restoration Project with UNESCO).
- Founding Co-drafter of “ECPAT Code” of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Exploitation in Travel Tourism.
- Safety in the Workplace
- HIV / AIDS in the Workplace, published with UN / AIDS.
|Recognised Experts in Our Field||
- Contributed to Hospitality Statistics & Research.
- Published the joint IH&RA/WTO Report on Hotel Classification the only comparative analysis and inventory of worldwide hotel classification schemes.
- Served as Expert Advisor to Countries on Hotel Classification Systems.